This is one of the MOSFET types. This is a kind of the transistor.
Part Number : IRF9540N, F9540N
Function : Vdss = -100V, HEXFET Power MOSFET ( Transistor )
Package : TO-220AB Type
Manufactures : IR ( International Rectifier ), Infineon ( https://www.infineon.com/ )
Fifth Generation HEXFETs from International Rectifier utilize advanced processing techniques to achieve extremely low on-resistance per silicon area. This benefit, combined with the fast switching speed and ruggedized device design that HEXFET Power MOSFETs are well known for, provides the designer with an extremely efficient and reliable device for use in a wide variety of applications.
1. Advanced Process Technology
2. Dynamic dv/dt Rating
3. 175°C Operating Temperature
4. Fast Switching
6. Fully Avalanche Rated
The TO-220 package is universally preferred for all commercial-industrial applications at power dissipation levels to approximately 50 watts. The low thermal resistance and low package cost of the TO-220 contribute to its wide acceptance throughout the industry.
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Tc = 25°C)
1. Gate to source voltage : VGSS = ± 20 V
2. Drain current : ID = – 23 A
4. Drain power dissipation : PD = 140 W
5. Single pulse avalanche energy : Eas = 430 mJ
6. Avalanche curren : Iar = -11 A
7. Repetitive avalanche energy : Ear = 14 mJ
8. Channel temperature : Tch = 150 °C
9. Storage temperature : Tstg = -55 to +175 °C