This is 500V, 20A, Third generation Power MOSFET.
Part Number: IRFP460
Function: Power MOSFET / Vds = 500V, 20A
Package : TO-247 Type
Manufacturer: Vishay Semiconductors
What is IRFP460?
The IRFP460 is a power MOSFET transistor that is commonly used in high power applications such as switching power supplies, DC-DC converters, and motor control circuits. It is designed to handle high current and high voltage loads with a maximum current rating of 20A and a maximum voltage rating of 500V.
Third generation Power MOSFETs from Vishay provide the designer with the best combination of fast switching, ruggedized device design, low on-resistance and cost-effectiveness.
The TO-247 package is preferred for commercial-industrial applications where higher power levels preclude the use of TO-220 devices. The TO-247 is similar but superior to the
earlier TO-218 package because its isolated mounting hole.
It also provides greater creepage distances between pins to meet the requirements of most safety specifications.
1. Dynamic dV/dt Rating
2. Repetitive Avalanche Rated
3. Isolated Central Mounting Hole
4. Fast Switching
5. Ease of Paralleling
6. Simple Drive Requirements
7. Lead (Pb)-free Available
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 500 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 20 V
3. Drain current: ID = 20 A (Tc = 25°C)
4. Maximum Power Dissipation: Pd = 280 W (Tc = 25°C)
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
While the IRFP460 has many advantages, it also has some limitations. Its high voltage and current capabilities make it suitable for high power applications, but it may not be cost-effective for low power applications. Additionally, it may require additional circuitry such as gate drive circuits and protection circuits to ensure safe and reliable operation.
1. IRFP240: This is a similar power MOSFET transistor with a maximum current rating of 20A and a maximum voltage rating of 200V.
2. IRF540: This is another power MOSFET transistor with a maximum current rating of 28A and a maximum voltage rating of 100V.
3. IRF1010E: This is a power MOSFET transistor with a maximum current rating of 84A and a maximum voltage rating of 60V.
Q: How should I protect IRFP460 from overcurrent and overvoltage conditions?
A: It is recommended to use protection circuits such as overcurrent and overvoltage protection circuits to ensure the safe and reliable operation of IRFP460. Additionally, it is important to follow the recommended operating conditions and use proper heatsinking to prevent thermal damage.
IRFP460 Datasheet PDF
Other data sheets are available within the file: 1RFP460, IRFP460, SiHFP460