Part Number : JC817
Function: PHOTOTRANSISTOR, PHOTOCOUPLER
Package: DIP 4 Pin Type
Manufacturer: Y.LIN ELECTRONICS
The JC817 series of devices each consist of an infrared emitting diodes, optically coupled to a phototransistor detector. They are packaged in a 4-pin DIP package and available
in wide-lead spacing and SMD option.
A phototransistor is a type of transistor that is sensitive to light and is used as a light-sensitive switch. It is composed of a photosensitive material, such as a photodiode or a photogate, which is surrounded by a transistor that amplifies the electrical signal generated by the photosensitive material. The phototransistor can be used to detect light levels and changes in light intensity, making it a useful component in a wide range of applications, including optical communications, light detection and ranging (LIDAR), and optical touchscreens. Phototransistors are also commonly used in cameras, where they are used to detect light levels and adjust the camera’s exposure settings accordingly.
• Current transfer ratio (CTR: 50~600% at IF=5mA, VCE=5V)
• High isolation voltage between input and output (Viso=5000 V rms )
• Creepage distance >7.62 mm
• Operating temperature up to +110°C
• Compact small outline package
• Pb free and RoHS compliant.
1. Programmable controllers
2. System appliances, measuring instruments
3. Telecommunication equipments
4. Home appliances, such as fan heaters