Part Number: K18A50D, TK18A50D
Function: 500V, 18A, MOSFET ( Field Effect Transistor )
Package: TO-220SIS Type
K18A50D is 500V, 18A, Silicon N Channel MOS Type Field Effect Transistor. An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it attracts electrons to the channel, creating an inversion layer and allowing current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
1. Low drain-source ON resistance: RDS (ON) = 0.22 Ω (typ.)
2. High forward transfer admittance: ⎪Yfs⎪ = 8.5 S (typ.)
3. Low leakage current: IDSS = 10 μA (max) (VDS = 500 V)
4. Enhancement-mode: Vth = 2.0 to 4.0 V (VDS = 10 V, ID = 1 mA)
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 500 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 30 v
3. Drain current: ID = 18 A
4. Allowable Power Dissipation: Pd = 50 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C