Part Number : KB9012
Function : Keyboard Controller
Package : 128-pin LQFP package
Manufacturers : ENE Technology
The ENE KB9012 is a customized IC based on KB9010 for specific application of minimizing power-consumption. Several pins are provided for external power-latch to save power-consumption. IO characteristic and cells are also improved. The ENE KB901x series is embedded controller (EC) with embedded-Flash for notebook platforms. In KB9012, the e-Flash is 128KB. The embedded controller contains industrial standard 8051 microprocessor and provides function of i8042 keyboard controller basically. KB9012 is embedded LPC interface used to communicate with Host. The embedded controller also features rich interfaces for general applications, such as PS/2 interface, Keyboard matrix encoder, PWM controller, A/D converter, D/A converter, Fan controller, SMBus controller, GPIO controller, PECI controller, one wire master, SPI controller, and extended interface (ENE Serial Bus) for more applications, like capacitive touch button application and GPIO extender.
LPC Low Pin Count Interface
1. SIRQ supporting IRQ1, IRQ12, SCI or SMI# interrupt and one programmable IRQ provided.
2. I/O Address Decoding:
3. Legacy KBC I/O port 60h/64h
4. Programmable EC I/O port, 62h/66h(recommend)
5. I/O port 68h/6Ch (sideband)
6. 2 Programmable 4-byte Index-I/O ports to access internal EC registers.
7. Memory Decoding:
7. Firmware Hub decode
9. LPC memory decode
10. Compatible with LPC specification v1.1
11. Support LPC interface re-direction to IKB for debugging