Part Number: KY-038
Function: Microphone Sound Sensor
Package: Module Type ( Size : Approx 36 x 16 mm )
Manufacturer: KEYES, Arduino
The KY-038 is Microphone Sound Sensor for Arduino.
The sensor has 3 main components on its circuit board. First, the sensor unit at the front of the module which measures the area physically and sends an analog signal to the second unit, the amplifier. The amplifier amplifies the signal, according to the resistant value of the potentiometer, and sends the signal to the analog output of the module.
0. Adopt LM393 main chip
1. Features high sensitivity, Electret Condenser Microphone ( ECM ) sensor
2. Power supply indicator lamp
3. Comparator output indicator lamp
4. AO, real-time microphone voltage signal output
5. DO, high / low electric level signal output
6. Sensitivity adjusted by potentionmeter
7. Power Supply : 3-5V DC
8. Hole Inner Diameter : Approx. 3mm
Microphone sound detection module
For sound detection Module has two outputs:
1. AO, analog output, real-time output voltage signal of the microphone
2. DO, when the sound intensity reaches a certain threshold, the output high and low signal
The threshold-sensitivity can be adjusted via potentiometer on the sensor
Connecting to the Arduino
Pin + to Arduino 5+
Pin – to Arduino –
Pin A0 to Arduino A0 (for analog program)
Pin D0 to Arduino 13 (for digital program)
1. AO : analog output sensor
2. GND : ground
3. VCC : Power supply input range: 3V-24V.
4. DO : Digital Output (comparator output)
5. Two red LED indication : POWER and SENSOR. POWER: Power is off. SENSOR: When the microphone senses sound 6. reaches a certain value, this LED light.