Part Number : L6599A
Function : Improved high-voltage resonant controller
Package : DIP 16, SO16N
Manufacturers : STMicroelectronics ( https://www.st.com/ )
The L6599A is an improved revision of the previous L6599. It is a double-ended controller specific to series-resonant half bridge topology. It provides 50% complementary duty cycle: the high-side switch and the low-side switch are driven ON/OFF 180° out-of-phase for exactly the same time. Output voltage regulation is obtained by modulating the operating frequency. A fixed deadtime inserted between the turn-off of one switch and the turn-on of the other guarantees soft-switching and enables high-frequency operation.
To drive the high-side switch with the bootstrap approach, the IC incorporates a high-voltage floating structure able to withstand more than 600 V with a synchronous-driven high-voltage DMOS that replaces the external fast-recovery bootstrap diode. The IC enables the designer to set the operating frequency range of the converter by means of an externally programmable oscillator.
At startup, to prevent uncontrolled inrush current, the switching frequency starts from a programmable maximum value and progressively decays until it reaches the steady-state value determined by the control loop. This frequency shift is non-linear to minimize output voltage overshoots; its duration is programmable as well.
1. 50% duty cycle, variable frequency control of resonant half bridge
2. High-accuracy oscillator
3. Up to 500 kHz operating frequency
4. Two-level OCP: frequency-shift and latched shutdown
5. Interface with PFC controller
6. Latched disable input
7. Burst mode operation at light load
8. Input for power-ON/OFF sequencing or brownout protection
9. Non-linear soft-start for monotonic output voltage rise
10. 600 V-rail compatible high-side gate driver with integrated bootstrap diode and high dv/dt immunity
11. -300/800 mA high-side and low-side gate drivers with UVLO pull-down
L6599A Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets within the file : L6599AN, L6599AD, L6599ADTR