Part Number : LM2576
Function : SIMPLE SWITCHER 3A Step-Down Voltage Regulator
Package : TO-263, TO-220 Type
Manufactures : National Semiconductor
The LM2576 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving 3A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and an adjustable output version. Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation and a fixed-frequency oscillator.
The LM2576 series offers a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal linear regulators. It substantially reduces the size of the heat sink, and in some cases no heat sink is required.
1. 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and adjustable output versions
2. Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.23V to 37V (57V for HV version) ±4% max over line and load conditions
3. Guaranteed 3A output current
4. Wide input voltage range, 40V up to 60V for HV version
5. Requires only 4 external components
6. 52 kHz fixed frequency internal oscillator