Part Number: LM8502
Function: 1.2A Dual High-Side Flash LED Driver
Package: 30-Bump (2.42 x 2.77 mm x 0.6 mm) 0.4 Pitch DSBGA
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
The LM8502 is a versatile LED driver suitable for multiple applications. It includes a 2MHz, fixed frequency synchronous boost converter, 10 current sink LED outputs, 2 outputs for flash or haptic applications, ambient light sensing and PWM input.
The 10 current sink LED outputs offer individual current control through an I2C-compatible interface.
Current can be accurately controlled with a full-scale setting and 8-bit current control. The LM8502 also enables LED control with group faders and lighting engines. Group faders enable single I2C register writes for multiple LED outputs with fading, whereas lighting engines with SRAM memory enable engine driven lighting sequences. Each LED output can be powered either from V OUT or an external voltage supply.
1. 10 Programmable Low-Side Current Sinks with Flexible Powering from VOUT or External Voltage Source
2. 1.2A Dual Flash LED Driver with Flash, Torch and Voltage modes
3. Ambient Light Sensing Capability with Two Inputs
4. Up to 4000:1 dimming ratio for LED outputs
5. Flash LED Thermal Sensing and Current Scaleback
• Camera Phone LED Flash
• General Illumination in Portable Devices
• Haptic Feedback Motor Driver
• Fun Lighting
Other data sheets are available within the file:
8502, LM8502TME, LM8502TME/NOPB, LM8502TMX
LM8502 Datasheet PDF Download