Part Number: MAX2034
Function: Quad-Channel, Ultra-Low-Noise Amplifier
Package: 48-pin thin QFN Type
Manufacturer: Maxim Integrated
The MAX2034 four-channel, low-power, ultra-low-noise preamplifier is designed for ultrasound and medical instrumentation applications. Each low-noise amplifier has a single-ended input, differential utput, a highly accurate 19dB fixed gain, and a wide -3dB bandwidth of 70MHz.
The high-gain accuracy of the amplifier allows for exceptional channel-to-channel gain matching, which s necessary for high-performance ultra sound-imaging applications. The MAX2034 also includes an on-chip programmable input impedance feature that allows the device to be compatible with a ariety of common source impedances ranging from 50Ωto 1kΩ. The input impedance of each amplifier
uses a feedback topology for active impedance matching. The active input impedance matching eature achieves an exceptionally low 2.2dB noise figure with a source and input impedance of 200Ω.
The MAX2034 has excellent dynamic and linearity performance characteristics optimized for all ltrasound imaging modalities including second harmonic 2D imaging and continuous wave Doppler. The device achieves a second harmonic distortion of -68dBc at VOUT= 1VP-Pand fIN = 5MHz, and an ultrasound-specific- two-tone third-order intermodulation distortion performance of -55dBc at VOUT= 1VP-Pand fIN = 5MHz.
The MAX2034 is also optimized for quick overload recovery for operation under the large input signal conditions typically found in ultrasound input-buffer imaging applications. The MAX2034 is available in a 48-pin thin QFN package with an exposed paddle. Electrical performance is guaranteed over a 0°C to +70°C temperature range.
1. High-Level Integration of 4 Channels
2. Digitally Programmable Input Impedance (RIN) of 50Ω, 100Ω, 200Ω, and 1kΩ
3. Integrated Input Clamp
4. Integrated Input-Damping Capacitor
5. Ultra-Low 2.2dB Noise Figure at RS= RIN = 200Ω
6. 70MHz, -3dB Bandwidth
7. Low 58mW/Channel Power Dissipation
8. HD2 of -68dBc at VOUT= 1VP-Pand fIN = 5MHz for Exceptional Second Harmonic Imaging
9. Two-Tone Ultrasound-Specific*IMD3 of -55dBc at VOUT= 1VP-Pand fIN = 5MHz for Exceptional
PW/CW Doppler Performance
10. Quick Large-Signal Overload Recovery
11. Single +5V Supply Operation
12. Sleep Mode
Other data sheets are available within the file: MAX2034CTM, MAX2034CTM+, MAX2034CTM+T, MAX2034CTM-T