Part Number : MAX211
Function : 5-V MULTICHANNEL RS-232 LINE DRIVER / RECEIVER
Package : SSOP 28 Pin Type
Manufacturers : Texas Instruments
The MAX211 device consists of four line drivers, five line receivers, and a dual charge-pump circuit with ±15-kV ESD protection pin to pin (serial-port connection pins, including GND). The device meets the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and provides the electrical interface between an asynchronous communication controller and the serial-port connector.
The charge pump and four small external capacitors allow operation from a single 5-V supply. The devices operate at data signaling rates up to 120 kbit/s and a maximum of 30-V/µs driver output slew rate. The MAX211 has both shutdown (SHDN) and enable control (EN). In shutdown mode, the charge pumps are turned off, V+ is pulled down to VCC, V− is pulled to GND, and the transmitter outputs are disabled.
This reduces supply current typically to 1 µA. ENis used to put the receiver outputs into the high-impedance state to allow wired-OR connection of two RS-232 ports. It has no effect on the RS-232 drivers or the charge pumps.
1. RS-232 Bus-Pin ESD Protection Exceeds
2. ±15 kV Using Human-Body Model (HBM)
3. Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU v.28 Standards
4. Operates at 5-V VCCSupply
5. Four Drivers and Five Receivers
6. Operates Up To 120 kbit/s
7. Low Supply Current in Shutdown Mode…1 µA Typical
8. External Capacitors…4 ×0.1 µF
9. Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
1. Battery-Powered Systems, PDAs, Notebooks, Laptops
2. Palmtop PCs, and Hand-Held Equipment
Other data sheets within the file :
MAX211ECAI+, MAX211ECAI, MAX211CDB, MAX211CDBE4, MAX211CDBG4, MAX211CDBR