Part Number : MAX3485, MAX3485CPA, MAX3485CSA
Function : 3.3V, low-power transceivers for RS-485 and RS-422 communication
Package : DIP 8 Pin or SO 8 Pin Type
Manufactures : Maxim
The MAX3483, MAX3485, MAX3486, MAX3488, MAX3490, and MAX3491 are 3.3V, low-power transceivers for RS-485 and RS-422 communication. Each part contains one driver and one receiver. The MAX3483 and MAX3488 feature slew-rate-limited drivers that minimize EMI and reduce reflections caused by improperly terminated cables, allowing error-free data transmission at data rates up to 250kbps. The partially slew-rate-limited MAX3486 transmits up to 2.5Mbps. The MAX3485, MAX3490, and MAX3491 transmit at up to 10Mbps.
Drivers are short-circuit current limited and are protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that places the driver outputs into a high-impedance state. The receiver input has a fail-safe feature that guarantees a logic-high output if both inputs are open circuit.
1. Operate from a Single 3.3V Supply-No Charge Pump!
2. Interoperable with +5V Logic
3. 8ns Max Skew (MAX3485/MAX3490/MAX3491)
4. Slew-Rate Limited for Errorless Data Transmission (MAX3483/MAX3488)
5. 2nA Low-Current Shutdown Mode (MAX3483/MAX3485/MAX3486/MAX3491)
6. -7V to +12V Common-Mode Input Voltage Range
7. Allows up to 32 Transceivers on the Bus
8. Full-Duplex and Half-Duplex Versions Available