Part Number : MC74HC4538A
Function : Dual Precision Monostable Multivibrator
Manufactures : Motorola
The MC54/74HC4538A is identical in pinout to the MC14538B. The device inputsare compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs.
Thisdual monostable multivibrator may be triggered by either the positive orthe negative edge of an input pulse, and produces a precision output pulseover a wide range of pulse widths. Because the device has conditioned triggerinputs, there are no trigger–input rise and fall time restrictions. The outputpulse width is determined by the external timingcomponents, Rxand Cx. The device has a reset function which forces the Q output lowand the Q output high, regardless of the state of the output pulse circuitry.
• Unlimited Rise and Fall Times Allowed on the Trigger Inputs
• Output Pulse is Independent of the Trigger Pulse Width
• ±10% Guaranteed Pulse Width Variation from Part to Part (Using the Same Test Jig)
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 3.0 to 6.0 V
• Low Input Current: 1.0 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity: 145 FETs or 36 Equivalent Gates