Part Number: MJE13007F
Function: 400V, 8A, TRIPLE DIFFUSED NPN TRANSISTOR
Package: TO-220IS Type
Image and Pinouts:
The MJE13007F is 400V, 8A, NPN Transistor. The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
Characteristics of NPN Transistors:
1. Bipolar Junction: NPN transistors are bipolar junction transistors (BJT), meaning they have a structure consisting of three regions of alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors.
2. Current Amplification: NPN transistors are designed to amplify electrical current, and can be used in a wide range of electronic applications such as amplifiers, switches, and oscillators.
3. Forward Biased: In order to operate, the base-emitter junction of an NPN transistor must be forward biased, meaning that the base must be connected to a positive voltage relative to the emitter.
1. Excellent Switching Times : ton=1.6uS(Max.), tf=0.7uS(Max.), at IC=5A
2. High Collector Voltage : VCBO=700V.
1. Collector-Base Voltage : VCBO = 700 V
2. Collector-Emitter Voltage : VCEO = 400 V
3. Emitter-Base Voltage : VEBO = 9 V
4. Collector Current = Ic = 8 A
5. Base Current : IB = 4 A
6. Collector Power Dissipation (Tc=25°C) : PC = 40 W
1. SWITCHING REGULATOR
2. HIGH VOLTAGE SWITCHING
3. HIGH SPEED DC-DC CONVERTER
Other data sheets are available within the file: E13007F, E13007F2