Part Number: MP258
Function: 25A, 800V, Bridge Rectifier
MP258 is 25A, 800V, Bridge Rectifier. A bridge rectifier is an electronic circuit that converts an alternating current (AC) input into a direct current (DC) output using a bridge configuration of diodes. The purpose of a bridge rectifier is to ensure that the voltage is always positive, even though the input voltage waveform may be alternating in direction. This makes it useful in applications such as power supplies, battery charging, and motor control where a DC voltage is required.
The basic operation of a bridge rectifier is to allow current to flow only in one direction, by using diodes to block any reverse current. The diodes are arranged in a bridge configuration, hence the name “bridge rectifier.” The AC voltage is applied to the diode bridge, and the resulting DC voltage is available at the output terminals.
Bridge rectifiers are commonly used in power supplies for consumer electronics, industrial equipment, and other applications where a DC voltage is needed.
1. Superior thermal desing
2. 300 amperes surge rating
3. 1/4inch universal faston terminal
4. Hole thru for # 10 screw
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Maximum Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage: Vrrm = 800V
2. Maximum RMS Bridge Input Voltage: Vrms = 560 V
3. Maximum DC Blocking Voltage: Vdc = 800 V
4. Maximum Average Forward Rectified Output Current: Io = 25 A
1. UL listed the recognized component directory, file #E94233
2. Epoxy: Device has UL flammability classification 94V-O