Part Number: MT6589
Function: HSPA+ Smartphone Application Processor
Package: FCCSP 515 ball type
Manufacturer: MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek MT6589 combines quad-core performance with dual-SIM flexibility for competitive smartphones that don’t skimp on features. With an ARM Cortex-A7 quad-core processor and Imagination Technologies PowerVR Series5XT GPU, MT6589 delivers impressive performance and maximum entertainment.
The processor is a highly integrated 3G System-on-chip (SoC) which incorporates advanced features e.g. HSPA R8 modem, Quad-core ARM® Cortex-A7 MPCoreTM operating at 1.2 GHz, 3D graphics (OpenGL|ES 2.0), 13M camera ISP, LPDDR2 533MHz and high-definition 1080p video decoder. The processor helps phone manufacturers build high-performance 3G smart phones with PC-like browser, 3D gaming and cinema class home entertainment experiences.
1. Smartphone two MCU subsystems architecture
2. SLC NAND flash and eMMC bootloader
3. Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 MPCore operating at 1.2GHz
4. NEON multimedia processing engine with SIMDv2/VFPv4 ISA support
5. 32KB L1 I-cache and 32KB L1 D-cache
6. 1MB unified L2 cache
Reference Site: Mediatek