This is one of the Transceiver types.
Part Number: nRF24L01
Function: Single Chip 2.4GHz Transceiver
Package: Compact 20-pin 4x4mm QFN
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
The nRF24L01 is a single chip 2.4GHz transceiver with an embedded baseband protocol engine (Enhanced ShockBurst™), designed for ultra low powerwireless applications. The Device is designed for operation in the world wide ISM frequency band at 2.400 – 2.4835GHz. An MCU (microcontroller) and very few external passive components are needed to design a radio system with the nRF24L01.
The Device is configured and operated through a SerialPeripheral Interface (SPI.) Through this interface the register map is available. The register map contains all configuration registers in the nRF24L01 and is accessible in all operation modes of the chip.
The embedded baseband protocol engine (EnhancedShockBurst) is based on packet communication and supports various modes from manual operation toadvanced autonomous protocol operation. Internal FIFOs ensure a smooth data flow between the radio front end and the system’s MCU. Enhanced Shock Burst reduces system costby handling all the high-speed link layer operations.
Official HomePage : http://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/2.4GHz-RF/
1. Worldwide 2.4GHz ISM band operation
2. Up to 2Mbps on air data rate
3. Ultra low power operation
4. 11.3mA TX at 0dBm output power
5. 12.3mA RX at 2Mbps air data rate
6. 900nA in power down
7. 22μA in standby-I
8. On chip voltage regulator
nRF24L01 Pinout and Block Diagram
1. Wireless PC Peripherals
2. Mouse, keyboards and remotes
3. 3-in-one desktop bundles
4. Advanced Media center remote controls
5. VoIP headsets
6. Game controllers
7. Sports watches and sensors
8. RF remote controls for consumer electronics
9. Home and commercial automation
10. Ultra low power sensor networks
11. Active RFID
12. Asset tracing systems