Part Number: NTP30N20
Function: 30A, 200V, N-channel Power MOSFET
Package: TO-220 Type
Manufacturer: ON Semiconductor
NTP30N20 is 30A, 200V, N-channel Enhancement−Mode Power MOSFET.
An N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor) is a type of MOSFET that is commonly used in electronic circuits for switching and amplification. It is called an enhancement mode MOSFET because its operation is enhanced by the presence of an external voltage.
In an N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET, the conductive channel is formed by applying a positive voltage to the gate terminal, which creates an electric field that attracts negatively charged electrons from the source region to the channel region. This increases the conductivity of the channel and allows current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
One of the key advantages of an N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET is its ability to operate with very low voltage and power levels, which makes it well-suited for use in battery-powered devices. It also has a high input impedance, which makes it compatible with digital logic circuits and other low-power devices.
• Source−to−Drain Diode Recovery Time Comparable to a Discrete Fast Recovery Diode
• Avalanche Energy Specified
• IDSS and RDS(on) Specified at Elevated Temperature
• Pb−Free Package is Available
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source Voltage: VDSS = 200 V
2. Gate to source Voltage: VGSS = ± 30 V
3. Drain current: ID = 30 A
4. Total Power Dissipation: Pd = 214 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
• PWM Motor Controls
• Power Supplies