Part Number: P4SMAJ85CA, P4SMAJ5.0 Thru P4SMAJ170CA
Marking Code : ZV
Function: 400 Watt, 85V, Transient Voltage Suppressor
Manufacturer: Micro Commercial Components
Image and Pinouts:
The P4SMAJ85CA is 400W, 85V, TVS Diode.
A Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) diode is a type of semiconductor device that is specifically designed to protect electronic circuits from voltage spikes, also known as transients. These transients can occur due to a variety of reasons such as switching events in the power supply, electrical noise, and electrostatic discharge (ESD).
TVS diodes are typically connected in parallel with the circuit that needs protection, and when a voltage spike occurs, the TVS diode conducts, thereby diverting the surge current away from the protected circuit. Once the voltage spike has subsided, the TVS diode returns to its non-conducting state, allowing normal circuit operation to resume.
1. For Surface Mount Applications
2. Unidirectional And Bidirectional
3. Low Inductance
4. High Temp Soldering: 250°C for 10 Seconds At Terminals
5. For Bidirectional Devices Add “C” To The Suffix Of The Part Number: i.e.SMAJ5.0C or P4SMAJ5.0CA for 5% Tolerance
6. P4SMAJ5.0~P4SMAJ440CA also can be named as SMAJ5.0~SMAJ440CA and have the same electrical spec
Mechanical Data :
1. Case: JEDEC DO-214AC
2. Terminals: Solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
3. Polarity: Indicated by cathode band except bi-directional types
Other data sheets are available within the file: P4KE100A, P4KE100CA, P4SMAJ10, P4SMAJ100, P4SMAJ100A