Part Number : PL2303TA
Function : USB to Serial Bridge Controller
Package : SSOP 28 Pin Type
Manufacturers : Prolific
Block Diagram :
The PL2303TA is a low cost and high performance USB-to-Serial Bridge Controller.
The IC provides a convenient solution for connecting an RS-232 likefull-duplex asynchronous serial device to any Universal Serial Bus (USB) capable host.
The highly compatible drivers could simulate the traditional COM port on most operating systems allowing the existing applications based on COM port to easily migrate and be made USB ready.
The device is exclusively designed for mobile and embedded solutions in mind,
providing a small footprint that could easily fit in to any connectors and handheld devices. With very small power consumption in either operating or suspend mode, the PL2303TA is perfect for bus powered operation with plenty of power left for the attache devices.
1. Full Compliant with USB Specification v2.0 (Full-Speed)
2. On chip USB 1.1 transceiver, 5V to 3.3V regulator, and 12 MHz crystal oscillator
3. Supports RS-232 like serial interface
– Full-duplex transmitter and receiver (TXD and RXD)
– Six MODEM control pins (RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, and RI)
4. Parity error, frame error, and serial break detection
5. Programmable baud rate from 75 bps to 6,000,000 bps
6. Extensive flow control mechanism
– Adjustable high/low watermark level
– Automatic flow control with CTS/RTS/ XON/XOFF
PL2303 is Pin-to-Pin compatible with PL-2303HXA and PL-2303XA.
PL2303TA Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets within the file : PL2303