What is SMDA05?
It is a type of 5V, transient voltage suppressor (TVS) diode. TVS diodes are electronic components used to protect sensitive electronic circuits from voltage spikes and transients that could damage the circuit or cause malfunction.
Function: Unidirectional TVS Array for Protection of Four Lines
Package: SO-8 Pin type
Manufacturer: http://www.semtech.com/ ( Semtech Corporation )
The SMDA05 series of TVS arrays are designed to provide undirectional protection for sensitive electronics from damage or latch-up due to ESD, lightning, and other voltage-induced transient events.
TVS diodes are solid-state devices designed specifically for transient suppression. They offer desirable characteristics for board level protection including fast response time, low operating and clamping voltage and no device degradation.
1. Working voltage : 5 V
2. Transient protection for data lines to
(1) IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ± 15 kV (air), ± 8 kV (contact)
(2) IEC 61000-4-4 (EFT) 40 A (5/50 ns)
(3) IEC 61000-4-5 (Lightning) 12 A (8/20 µs)
4. Unidirectional protection
5. Small SO-8 package
6. Protects four I/O lines
7. Low leakage current
8. Low operating and clamping voltages
9. Solid-state silicon-avalanche technology
1. RS-232 data lines
2. Microprocessor-based equipment
3. Notebooks, desktops, and servers
5. LAN/WAN equipment
7. Serial and parallel ports
Official Site : http://www.semtech.com/circuit-protection/esd-protection/smda05/
The SMDA05 diode has a low clamping voltage and fast response time, making it suitable for use in high-speed digital circuits and communication interfaces such as Ethernet, USB, and HDMI. It is also commonly used in power supply circuits and automotive electronics.
SMDA05 Datasheet PDF
Other data sheets are available within the file: SMDA12, SMDA15, SMDA24