This is one of the single-cell battery charger types.
Part Number : SMB358
Function : Battery Charger IC
Package : BGA 30 Pin Ball Type
Manufactures : Samsung
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
SMB358 is a single-cell battery charger. It can charge the battery and power the system via the USB/AC adapter input.
The devices are programmable single-cell lithium-ion/lithium-polymer battery chargers designed for a variety of portable applications. The device provides a simple and efficient way to charge high-capacity Li-ion batteries and power the system via a USB or AC adapter input.
The MAX17435, MAX17535 integrated multichemistry battery-charger ICs simplify construction of accurate and efficient chargers. The device provide SMBusK-programmable charge current, charge voltage, input current limit, relearn voltage, and digital readback of the IINP voltage. The IC
utilize a charge pump to control the adapter selection n-channel MOSFETs when the adapter is present. When the adapter is absent, the charge pump is shut down and a p-channel MOSFET selects the battery.
The device provide up to 7A of charge current to 2, 3, or 4 lithium-ion (Li+) cells in series. The charge current, and input current-limit sense amplifiers have low offset errors and can use 10mIsense resistors.
1. Low-Cost SMBus Charger
2. High Switching Frequency (0.85MHz/0.5MHz)
3. Internal Boost Switches
4. SMBus-Programmable Charge Voltage, Input Current Limit, Charge Current, Relearn Voltage,and Digital IINP Readback
5. Single-Point Compensation
6. Automatic Selection of System Power Source Adapter n-Channel MOSFETs Driven by an
7. AC Adapter Overvoltage Protection
8. 11-Bit Battery Voltage Setting
9. 6-Bit, Charge-Current Setting/Input Current Setting
10. Improved IINP Accuracy at Low Input Current
Other data sheets within the file : MAX17435ETG+, MAX17535ETG+