Function : TV and CRT Display Vertical Output IC with Bus Control Support
Package : TO-220-7H Type
Manufactures : Sanyo
The LA78040 is a vertical deflection output IC for high image quality TV and CRT displays that supports the use of a bus control system signal-processing IC. The sawtooth waveform from the bus control system signal-processing IC can directly drive the deflection yoke (including the DC component). Color TV vertical deflection system adjustment functions can be controlled over a bus system by connecting the LA78040 to a Sanyo LA768X series or LA769XX series bus control system signal-processing IC.
1. Built-in pump-up circuit for low power dissipation.
2. Vertical output circuit.
3. Thermal protection circuit.
Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C
1. Pump-up block supply voltage (+B2 max) : 34 V
2. Output block supply voltage (+B6 max) : 70 V
3. Allowable power dissipation (Pd max) : 9 W
4. Deflection output current (I5 max) : -1.5 to +1.5 Ap-o
5. Thermal resistance (θj-c) : 3 °C /W
6. Operating temperature (Topr) : -20 to +85 °C
7. Storage temperature (Tstg) : -40 to +150 °C
MTV038 is designed for CRT/LCD monitor applications to display built-in characters or fonts onto monitor screens. The display operation occurs by transferring data and control information from the micro-controller to RAM through a serial data interface. It can execute full-screen display automatically, as well as specific functions such as character background, bordering, shadowing, blinking, double height and width, font by font color control, character but ton boxes, frame positioning, frame size control by character height and row-to-row spacing, horizontal display resolution, full-screen erasing, fade-in/fade-out effect, windowing effect, shadowing on window and full-screen self test pattern generator.
1. Horizontal SYNC input up to 150 KHz
2. On-chip PLL circuitry or external pixel clock input up to 150 MHz
3. Full screen self-test pattern generator
4. Double character height and/or width control
5. Programmable positioning for display screen center
6. Software clears bit for full-screen erasing
Other data sheets within the file : MTV038, MTV038N20