Coilcraft MSS6122 Series shielded surface-mount power inductors feature low DC resistance and excellent current handling in a wide range of inductance values, making them a cost-effective option for a variety of general-purpose applications.
1. Low-loss ferrite drum core for flat inductance vs current
2. Low DC resistance for greater efficiency
3. Excellent current handling
4. Magnetic shielding allows high-density mounting
5. AEC-Q200 Grade 3 (-40°C to +85°C)
1. Designer’s Kit C363 : contains 3 of each value
2. Core material : Ferrite
3. Weight 0.19 – 0.23 g
4. Ambient temperature –40°C to +85°C with (40°C rise) Irms current.
5. Maximum part temperature +125°C (ambient + temp rise). Derating.
6. Storage temperature Component : -40°C to +125°C.
7. Tape and reel packaging : – 40°C to +80°C
Other data sheets within the file : MSS6122-472ML, MSS6122-xxxMX
We will continue to manufacture and support the DT1608 indefinitely, however for new designs, we recommend the LPS4018 as an alternative. The LPS4018 series is more cost effective, features better current handling and is considerably smaller.
The Coilcraft DT1608 Series represents the ultimate in cost-effective, miniature power inductors. The DT Series is magnetically shielded and the materials used provide natural heat sinking. This allows these parts to be used at relatively high currents. Even at 150% of rated current, the temperature rise is less than 15°C. Because of their “swinging” inductance vs current characteristics, the DT1608 Series can be used as ultra high L inductors at zero or low current.
For free evaluation samples or to order, contact Coilcraft or visit www.coilcraft.com. Specifications Part number1 DT1608C-102 DT1608C-152 DT1608C-222 DT1608C-332 DT1608C-472 DT1608C-682 DT1608C-103 DT1608C-153 DT1608C-223 DT1608C-333 DT1608C-473 DT1608C-683 DT1608C-104 DT1608C-154 DT1608C-224 DT1608C-334 DT1608C-474 DT1608C-684 DT1608C-105 Inductance ±20%2 (µH) 1.0 1.5 2.2 3.3 4.7 6.8 10 15 22 33 47 68 100 150 220 330 470 680 1000 DCR max (Ohms)
1. High performance in low profile
2. High energy storage and low DC resistance
3. Magnetic shielding allows high-density mounting
1. Part number on reel label will have a suffix to indicate packaging: C = machine ready 7″ reel, B = partial reel, D = machine-ready 13″ reel. 2. Inductance tested at 0.1 Vrms, 100 kHz, 0 Adc. 3. Measured at the rated current. Refer to L vs Current curves for more detail. 4. Average maximum allowable current. DT Series inductors are designed for current spikes as high as 2 × the current rating. 5. Operating temperature range –40°C to +85°C. 6. Electrical specifications at 25°C. See Qualification Standards section for environmental and test data. See Color Coding section for part marking information. Specifications subject to change without notice. Document 178-1 Revised 10/31/03 Document 178-2 SMT Power Inductors – DT1608 Series Typical L vs Current 10000 0.160 dia 4,06 1st significant digit 2nd significant digit 0.115 max 2,92 1000 Multiplier Inductance (µH) 100 0.260 max 6,60 0.050 1,27 0.055 1,40 0.090 2,29 0.160 4,06 0.140 3,56 10 0.175 max 4,45 1 0.170 min 4,32 0.040 1,02 0.270 6,86 Recommended Land Pattern 0.1 0.01 0.1 1 10 Weight: 136 – 157 mg Tape and reel: 750/7″ reel; 2500/13″ reel 12 mm tape width For packaging data see Tape and Reel Specifications section. Current (A) Specifications subject to change without notice. Document 178-2 Revised 04/09/04 […]