The CMD G65SC02 8-bit microprocessor family is manufactured using CMD’s state-of-the-art silicon gate CMOS process. The device is pin-to-pin compatible with NMOS versions of the 6500 currently on the market.
The microprocessor is software compatible and provides 65K bytes of memory addressing and two interrupt inputs. It is bus compatible with MC6800 products.
1. CMOS family that is compatible with NMOS 6500 series miroprocessors.
The Intel 8088 is a high performance microprocessor implemented in N-channel, depletion load, silicon gate technology (HMOS-II), and packaged in a 40-pin CERDIP package. The processor has attributes of both 8-and 16-bit microprocessors. It is directly compatible with 8086 software and 8080/8085 hardware and peripherals. Processor initialization or start up is accomplished with activation (HIGH) of the RESET pin. The 8088 RESET is required to be HIGH for greater than four clock cycles.
Pinout and Block Diagram
1. 8-Bit Data Bus Interface
2. 16-Bit Internal Architecture
3. Direct Addressing Capability to 1 Mbyte of Memory
4. Direct Software Compatibility with 8086 CPU
5. 14-Word by 16-Bit Register Set with Symmetrical Operations
6. 24 Operand Addressing Modes
7. Byte, Word, and Block Operations
8. 8-Bit and 16-Bit Signed and Unsigned Arithmetic in Binary or Decimal, Including Multiply and Divide
Other data sheets are available within the file: 8088-2