The Marvell 88SM4140 port multipier device offers the industry’s first solution for port expansion.
The Marvell® 88SM4140 Port Multiplier allows one host 3Gb/s SATA port to communicate with up to four devices, including
optionally, one SATA Enclosure Management Bridge (SEMB) port.
SEMB gives the host the ability to check parameters such as temperature, fan speed and LEDs using the same SATA connection
that is used for data transfer. SEMB, if used, utilizes the fourth port of the Port Multiplier as its device port.
1. 0.15 µm CMOS technology.
2. Supports SATA 1.5 Gbps and SATA 3.0 Gbps communication speed on host and device ports.
3. 1.2V and 3.3V power.
4. 80-pin LQFP ePad package.
5. Phy test mode.
6. Full scan for high production test coverage and Phy self-test.
7. One host port.
8. Four device ports.
9. Supports 20 MHz, 25 MHz, 30 MHz, and 40 MHz reference clocks.
1. Personal computers
2. Entry-level servers
3. Any host with a SATA port
The PCA9535 and PCA9535C are 24-pin CMOS devices that provide 16 bits of General Purpose parallel Input/Output (GPIO) expansion for I2C-bus/SMBus applications and was developed to enhance the NXP Semiconductors family of I2C-bus I/O expanders. The improvements include higher drive capability, 5 V I/O tolerance, lower supply current, individual I/O configuration, and smaller packaging.
I/O expanders provide a simple solution when additional I/O is needed for ACPI power switches, sensors, push buttons, LEDs, fans, etc.The PCA9535 and PCA9535C consist of two 8-bit Configuration (Input or Output selection), Input, Output and Polarity Inversion (active HIGH or active LOW operation) registers. The system master can enable the I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing to the I/O configuration bits. The data for each input or output is kept in the corresponding Input or Output register. The polarity of the read register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion register. All registers can be read by the system master. Although pin-to-pin and I2C-bus address compatible with the PCF8575, software changes are required due to the enhancements and are discussed in Application Note AN469.
1. Operating power supply voltage range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V
2. 5 V tolerant I/Os
3. Polarity Inversion register
4. Active LOW interrupt output
5. Low standby current
6. Noise filter on SCL/SDA inputs
7. No glitch on power-up
8. Internal power-on reset
9. 16 I/O pins which default to 16 inputs
10. 0 Hz to 400 kHz clock frequency
11. ESD protection exceeds 2000 V HBM per JESD22-A114, 200 V MM per
12. JESD22-A115, and 1000 V CDM per JESD22-C101
13. Latch-up testing is done to JEDEC Standard JESD78 which exceeds 100 mA
14. Offered in four different packages: SO24, TSSOP24, HVQFN24 and HWQFN24
Other data sheets within the file : PCA9535BS, PCA9535C, PCA9535CD, PCA9535CHF