Part Number : LM1084
Function : 5A Low Dropout Positive Regulator
Package : TO-220, TO-263 Type
Manufacturers : National Semiconductor ->Texas Instruments
The LM1084 is a series of low dropout voltage positive regulators with a maximum dropout of 1.5V at 5A of load current. It has the same pin-out as National Semiconductor’s industry standard LM317. The LM1084 is available in an adjustable version, which can set the output voltage with only two external resistors. It is also available in three fixed voltages: 3.3V, 5.0V and 12.0V. The fixed versions intergrate the adjust resistors. The LM1084 circuit includes a zener trimmed bandgap reference, current limiting and thermal shutdown. The LM1084 series is available in TO-220 and TO-263 packages. Refer to the LM1085 for the 3A version, and the LM1086 for the 1.5A version.
1. Available in 3.3V, 5.0V, 12V and Adjustable Versions
2. Current Limiting and Thermal Protection
3. Output Current 5A
4. Industrial Temperature Range −40°C to 125°C
5. Line Regulation 0.015% (typical)
6. Load Regulation 0.1% (typical)
1. Post Regulator for Switching DC/DC Conveter
2. High Efficiency Linear Regulators
3. Battery Charger
Acquired by Texas Instruments on September 23rd, 2011.
Other data sheets within the file : LM1084IS-12, LM1084IS-3.3, LM1084IS-5.0, LM1084IS-ADJ