The GL494 incorporates on a single monolithic chip all the functions required in the construction of a pulse-width modulation control circuit.
Designed primarily for power supply control, the GL494 contains an on-chip 5-volt regulator, two error amplifiers, adjustable oscillator, deadtime control comparator, pulse-steering flip-flop, and output control circuitry.
1. Complete PWM Power Control Circuitry
2. Uncommitted Outputs for 200mA Sink or Source
3. Output Control Selects Single-Ended or Push-Pull Operation
4. Internal Circuitry Prohibits Double Pulse at Either Output
5. Internal Regulator Provides a Stable 5V Reference Supply
6. Variable Dead-Time Provides Control Over Total Range
The MAX8770, MAX8771, MAX8772 are 2/1-phase interleaved Quick-PWM step-down VID power supply controllers for notebook CPUs. True out-of-phase operation reduces input ripple current requirements and output voltage ripple while easing component selection and layout difficulties.
The Quick-PWM control provides instanta neous response to fast load current steps. Active voltage positioning reduces power dissipation and bulk output capacitance requirements and allows ideal positioning compensation for tantalum, polymer, or ceramic bulk out put capacitors.
1. 7-Bit On-Board DAC: 0 to +1.5000V Output Adjust Range