MediaTek MT6589 combines quad-core performance with dual-SIM flexibility for competitive smartphones that don’t skimp on features. With an ARM Cortex-A7 quad-core processor and Imagination Technologies PowerVR Series5XT GPU, MT6589 delivers impressive performance and maximum entertainment.
The processor is a highly integrated 3G System-on-chip (SoC) which incorporates advanced features e.g. HSPA R8 modem, Quad-core ARM® Cortex-A7 MPCoreTM operating at 1.2 GHz, 3D graphics (OpenGL|ES 2.0), 13M camera ISP, LPDDR2 533MHz and high-definition 1080p video decoder. The processor helps phone manufacturers build high-performance 3G smart phones with PC-like browser, 3D gaming and cinema class home entertainment experiences.
1. Smartphone two MCU subsystems architecture
2. SLC NAND flash and eMMC bootloader
3. Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 MPCore operating at 1.2GHz
4. NEON multimedia processing engine with SIMDv2/VFPv4 ISA support
5. 32KB L1 I-cache and 32KB L1 D-cache
6. 1MB unified L2 cache
The MT6753 device (see), with integrated Bluetooth, FM, WLAN and GPS modules, is a highly integrated baseband platform incorporating both modem and application processing subsystems to enable LTE smart phone applications,. The chip integrates Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 operating up to 1.3GHz, an ARM Cortex-R4 MCU and powerful multi-standard video codec. In addition, an extensive set of interfaces and connectivity peripherals are included to interface to cameras, touch-screen displays and MMC/SD cards.
MT6753 also embodies wireless communication device, including WLAN, Bluetooth and GPS. With four advanced radio technologies integrated into one single chip, MT6753 provides the best and most convenient connectivity solution in the industry.
Function Block Diagram
1. Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 MPCore operating at 1.3GHz
2. LPDDR3 up to 3GB, 667MHz
3. LTE Cat 4 (150Mnps)
4. CDMA200 HEPD/ 1xEV-DO Revision 0 and A.
5. Embedded connectivity system including WLAN/BT/FM/GPS
6. Resolution up to FHD (1,920*1,080)
7. OpenGL ES 3.0 3D graphic accelerator
8. ISP supports 16MP@30fps.
9. HEVC 1080p @ 30fps decoder
10. H.264 1080p @ 30fps encoder