1.Switch Mode Power Supply ( SMPS )
2. Uninterruptable Power Supply
3. High speed power switching
1. Low Gate Charge Qg results in Simple Drive Requirement
2. Improved Gate, Avalanche and dynamic dv/dt Ruggedness
3. Fully Characterized Capacitance and Avalanche Voltage and Current
4. Effective Coss specified ( See AN1001)
The Fairchild Power Switch product family is specially designed for implementing off-line switch mode power supplies (SMPS) with minimal external components. The FPS integrate a high voltage power SenseFET and a current mode PWM Controller IC.
Compared to a discrete MOSFET plus controller or RCC switching converter solution, the power switch family can reduce total component count, design size, and weight and at the same time increase efficiency, productivity, and system reliability. Fairchild’s KA5Q-series implement a flyback converter using the Quasi Resonant technique. In this technique, a capacitor is added between
the MOSFET drain and source to reduce the dv/dt switching noise (EMI). The KA5Q-series also features burst mode operation to reduce power consumption in stand-by mode. This product family
enables cost effective designs of color television power supplies.
The KA5Q-series devices are available in TO-220F and TO-3PF packages.
Other data sheets within the file : 500765RT-YDTU, 5012656RT-TU, 5012656RT-YDTU,501265RF, 501265RF-TU