The MF72 series Power NTC Thermistors provide inrush current suppression for sensitive electronics. Connecting a MF72 in series with the power source will limit the current surges typically created at turn on. Once the circuit is energized the resistance of the MF72 will decrease rapidly to a very low value, power consumption can be ignored and there will be no effect on normal operating current.
Using the MF72 Power NTC Thermistor is a most cost-effective way to curb surge current and protect sensitive electronics from damage.
1. Power supplies and inverters
2. Uninterruptible Power Supplies
3. Energy saving lamps
4. Electronic Ballasts
• Small Size and fast response
• High Power handling capability
• Fast response to surge current
• High material constant (B value)
• Low residual resistance
• Wide operating temperature range -55 to +200C
• R25 allowable tolerance is ±20%
• Long-term Stability and Reliability
Other data sheets within the file : MF72-0.7D20, MF72-0.7D25, MF72-1.3D13, MF72-1.3D15, MF72-1.3D20
PT series NTC thermistor has to be connected in series to the power source circuit to avoid the surge current at the instant when the electronic circuits are turned on. The device can effectively suppress the surge current, and its resistance and power consumption can be greatly reduced after that through the continuous effect of the current so as not to affect the normal work current. Therefore the Power NTC thermistor is the most convenient and
efficient instrument to curb the surge current and protect the electronic devices from being
1. Strong power and strong capability of surge current protection.
2. Characteristics Fast response to the rapidly surge.
3. Big material constant(B value),Small remain resistance.