Part Number: MAC97A8
Function: 600V, 4Q Triac
Package: TO-92 Type
MAC97A8 is 600V, 4Q Triac. Planar passivated very sensitive gate four quadrant triac in a SOT54 plastic package intended to be interfaced directly to microcontrollers, logic integrated circuits and other low power gate trigger circuits.
(1) 600V: This indicates the maximum rated voltage that the Triac can handle without breaking down. In this case, it’s rated for voltages up to 600 volts AC. This means it can be used in AC circuits with a voltage of up to 600V.
(2) 4Q: Triacs are typically bidirectional devices, meaning they can control the flow of current in both directions through the device. The “4Q” designation confirms that this Triac is capable of conducting current in all four quadrants of its voltage-current characteristic, which makes it suitable for both AC switching and control.
2. Features and benefits
• Direct interfacing to logic level ICs
• Direct interfacing to low power gate drivers and microcontrollers
• High blocking voltage capability
• Planar passivated for voltage ruggedness and reliability
• Triggering in all four quadrants
• Very sensitive gate
• General purpose low power phase control
• General purpose low power switching
• Solid-state relay […]