The TEF6624 is an AM/FM radio including Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) tuning system. The
system is designed in such a way, that it can be used as a world-wide tuner covering
common FM and AM bands for radio reception. All functions are controlled by the I2C-bus.
Besides the basic feature set it provides a good weak signal processing function and a
dynamic bandwidth control at FM reception.
1. Backwards compatible with TEF6621; equal footprint, application and performance
2. Fully integrated RDS/RBDS demodulator with improved performance
3. RDS demodulator data output via I2C-bus; 32-bit buffer for reduced read out
4. RDS data available signalled by I2C-bus bit (polling)
5. FM tuner for Japan, Europe, US and OIRT reception
Other data sheets within the file : TEF6621, TEF6623, TEF6624T/V1,518
The TDA7421 is a high performance tuner circuit that integrates AM/FM sections, IF counter and PLL synthesizer on a single chip. Use of BICMOS technology allows the implementation of tuning functions with a minimum of external components.
1. FRONT-END FOR AM/FM RECEIVERS
2. UP-CONVERSION ARCHITECTURE FOR AM
3. HIGH SPEED PLL WITH INLOCK DETECTOR FOR OPTIMIZED RDS Applications
4. SINGLE FREQUENCY REFERENCE FOR AM/FM
5. AM/FM STATION DETECTOR
6. uP-CONTROLLED COMPENSATION OF EXTERNAL COMPONENTS SPREAD
7. ADJUSTABLE AUDIO MUTE
The Automatic Gain Control (AGC) operates on different sensitivities and bandwidths in order to improve sensitivity and dynamic range. I2C bus allows to control selected functions of the tuner (AGC and amplifiers gain, PLL and counters operation modes).