What is BZX55C5V1?
This is a 5.1V, Zener diode, a type of semiconductor device that is designed to operate in the reverse breakdown region of its voltage-current characteristic curve. Zener diodes are commonly used as voltage regulators, voltage references, and surge suppressors in electronic circuits.
Part Number: BZX55C5V1
Function: 5.1V, 500mW, 5%, Zener Diode
Package: DO-35 Type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor
Image and Pinouts:
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
1. Precise voltage regulation: the Zener voltage remains relatively constant over a wide range of current levels
2. High stability: the Zener voltage is relatively insensitive to temperature changes and other environmental factors
3. Wide operating temperature range: suitable for use in extreme temperature environments
4. Available in a range of package options: allows for flexible integration into various circuits
1. Limited power dissipation: Maximum power dissipation of 500mW, which may limit its use in high-power applications
2. Limited voltage range: It is designed for a specific voltage rating of 5.1V and may not be suitable for other voltage requirements
3. Limited current handling: It is designed to handle a limited amount of current and may require additional components to handle higher current levels.
1. Zener Voltage Range : 5.1 Volts
2. Power Dissipation: Pd = 500 mW
3. Through-Hole Device Type Mounting
4. Compression Bonded Construction
5. Cathode Indicated By Polarity Band
6. Hermetically Sealed Glass
7. All External Surfaces Are Corrosion Resistant And Leads Are Readily Solderable
1. Terminals : Solderable per MIL-STD-202, method 208
2. Polarity : Cathode band
3. Marking : Type Number
4. Approx. Weight : 0.13 grams
Q1 : What is the breakdown voltage of a Zener diode?
A: The breakdown voltage of a Zener diode is the voltage at which the diode begins to conduct current in the reverse direction. This voltage is known as the Zener voltage or breakdown voltage.
Q2: What is the difference between a Zener diode and a regular diode?
A: A regular diode is designed to conduct current in one direction and block current in the opposite direction. A Zener diode is also designed to conduct current in the reverse direction, but it is specifically designed to operate in the breakdown region of its voltage-current characteristic curve, making it useful as a voltage regulator or reference.
Other data sheets are available within the file: BZX55C2V4 Thru BZX55C56
BZX55C2V4, BZX55C2V7, BZX55C3V0, BZX55C3V3, BZX55C3V6, BZX55C3V9, BZX55C4V3
BZX55C4V7, BZX55C5V1, BZX55C5V6, BZX55C6V2, BZX55C6V8, BZX55C7V5, BZX55C8V2
BZX55C9V1, BZX55C10, BZX55C11, BZX55C12, BZX55C13, BZX55C15, BZX55C16, BZX55C18
BZX55C20, BZX55C22, BZX55C24, BZX55C27, BZX55C30, BZX55C33, BZX55C36, BZX55C39
BZX55C43, BZX55C47, BZX55C51, BZX55C56
BZX55C5V1 Datasheet PDF Download
Related articles across the web