Part Number: TCA9617A
Function: LEVEL-TRANSLATING FM+ I2C BUS REPEATER / Two-Channel Bidirectional Buffer
Package: VSSOP 8 Pin Type
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
This dual bidirectional I2C buffer is operational at 2.2 V to 5.5 V. The TCA9617A is a BiCMOS integrated circuit intended for I2C bus and SMBus systems.
It can provide bidirectional voltage-level translation (up-translation and down-translation) between low voltages (down to 0.8 V) and higher voltages (2.2 V to 5.5 V) in mixed-mode applications. This device enables I2C and similar bus systems to be extended, without degradation of performance even during level shifting.
The device buffers both the serial data (SDA) and the serial clock (SCL) signals on the
I2C bus, thus allowing two buses of 400-pF bus capacitance to be connected in an I2C application. This device can also be used to isolate two halves of a bus for voltage and capacitance.
1. Two-Channel Bidirectional I2C Buffer
2. Support for Standard Mode, Fast Mode (400 kHz), and Fast Mode+ (1 Mhz) I2C Operation
3. Voltage-Level Translation From 0.8 V to 5.5 V and 2.2 V to 5.5 V
4. Footprint and Function Replacement for TCA9517
5. Active-High Repeater-Enable Input
TCA9617A Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets are available within the file: TCA9617, TCA9617ADGKR