Part Number : TEF6890H
Function : Car Radio Integrated Signal Processor
Package : QFP44 type
Manufacturers : Philips Semiconductors, NXP
The TEF6890H is a monolithic BiMOS integrated circuit comprising the stereo decoder function, weak signal processing and ignition noise blanking facility for AM and FM combined with input selector and tone/volume control for AM and FM car radio applications. The RDS/RBDS demodulator function is included. The device operates with a supply voltage of 8 to 9 V.
Weak signal processing
· FM weak signal processing with detectors for RF level, Ultrasonic Noise (USN) and Wideband AM (WAM) information
· AM weak signal processing with detectors for level information
· AM processing with soft mute and High Cut Control (HCC)
· FM processing with soft mute, stereo blend and HCC
· Setting of the sensitivity of the detectors and start and slope of the control functions via I2C-bus
· Weather band de-emphasis
· Level, USN and WAM read-out via I2C-bus (signal quality detectors)
· Full support of tuner AF update functions with TEA684x tuner ICs, FM audio processing holds the detectors for the FM weak signal processing in their present state during RDS updating.