Part Number : U842B-FP
Function : Wiper Control for Intermittent and Wipe / Wash Mode
Package : DIP, SOP 8 Pin Type
Manufacturers : Temic Semiconductors
The U842B-FP circuit is designed as an interval and wipe/ wash timer for automotive wiper control. The interval pause can be set in a range from 3 s to 11 s by an external 1-kpotentiometer. Wipe/wash mode has priority over the interval mode. The U842B controls the wiper motor with/without park switch signal.
The integrated relay driver is protected against short circuits and is switched to conductive condition in the case of a load-dump. With only a few external components, protection against RF interference and
transients (ISO/TR 7637-1/3) can be achieved.
1. Interval input : low side
2. Wipe/ wash input : low side
3. Park input: high side (park position)
4. Output driver protected against short circuit
5. All time periods determined by RC oscillator
6. Fixed relay activation time of 500 ms
7. Adjustable interval pause from 3 s to 11 s
1. Digital/ wipe-wash control for rear or front wiper
Other data sheets within the file : U842B, U842BFP