A current mode controller is a type of control circuit used in various electronic devices and power supply systems to regulate the output current delivered to a load. It is often employed in switch-mode power supplies (SMPS), voltage regulators, LED drivers, and other applications where precise current control is required.
Part Number: UC2843A
Function: High Performance Current Mode Controller
Package: DIP, SO 8 Pin Type
Manufacturer: ON Semiconductor
The UC2843A family of control ICs provides the necessary features to implement off-line or DC to
DC fixed frequency current mode control schemes with a minimal external parts count.
Internally implemented circuits include a trimmed oscillator for precise DUTY CYCLE CONTROL under voltage lockout featuring start-up current less than 0.5mA, a precision reference trimmed for accuracy at the error amp input, logic to insure latched operation, a PWM comparator which also provides current limit control, and a totem pole output stage designed to source or sink high peak current. The output stage, suitable for driving N-Channel MOSFETs, is low in the off-state. […]
1. TRIMMED OSCILLATOR DISCHARGE CURRENT
2. CURRENT MODE OPERATION TO 500kHz AUTOMATIC FEED FORWARD COMPENSATION
3. LATCHING PWM FOR CYCLE-BY-CYCLE CURRENT LIMITING
4. INTERNALLY TRIMMED REFERENCE WITH UNDERVOLTAGE LOCKOUT
5. HIGH CURRENT TOTEM POLE OUTPUT UNDERVOLTAGE LOCKOUT WITH HYSTERESIS
6. LOW START-UP CURRENT (< 0.5mA) DOUBLE PULSE SUPPRESSION