Part Number: UP7706, UP7706U8
This product has 3A, Ultra Low Dropout Linear Regulator functions.
The package is PSOP-8.
The manufacturers of this product is uPI Semiconductor.
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
Some of the text files within the PDF file :
The UP7706U8 is a 3A ultra low dropout linear regulator specifically designed for motherboard and notebook applications. This device works with dual supplies, a control input for the control circuitry and a power input as low as 1.2V for providing current to output. The uP7706 delivers high-current and ultra-low-drop output voltage as low as 0.8V for applications where V OUT is very close to V IN.
The UP7706U8 features comprehensive control and protection functions:
a power on reset (POR) circuit for monitoring both control and power inputs for proper operation; an EN input for enabling or disabling the device, a power OK with time delay for indicating the output voltage status, a foldback current limit function, and a thermal shutdown function. The uP7706 is available in PSOP-8 or VDFN6x5-8L packages with very low thermal resistance.
1. VOUT Pull Low Resistance when Disabled
2. Low Reverse Leakage (Output to Input )
3. VOUT Power OK Signal
4. Fast Transient Response
5. Low External Component Count
Block Diagram :
1. Desktop PCs, Notebooks, and Workstations
2. Graphic Cards
3. Low Voltage Logic Supplies
4. Microprocessor and Chipset Supplies
5. Split Plane Microprocessor Supplies
6. Advanced Graphics Cards Supplies
7. SoundCards and Auxiliary Power Supplies
8. SMPS Post Regulators
UP7706U8 Datasheet PDF