Part Number: UPC1658, uPC1658G-E1, Marking : 1658
Function: LOW NOISE, HIGH FREQUENCY Si MMIC AMPLIFIER
Package: 8-pin plastic SOP (225 mil)
The UPC1658 is a silicon monolithic integrated circuit designed as amplifier for high frequency system applications. Bandwidth and output power level can be determined according to external resistor constants of negative feedback and final stage collector. This IC is available in 8-pin plastic SOP.
This IC is manufactured using NEC’s 10 GHz fT NESATTM II silicon bipolar process. This process uses silicon nitride passivation film and gold electrodes. These materials can protect chip surface from external pollution and prevent corrosion/migration. Thus, this IC has excellent performance, uniformity and reliability.
1. Low noise figure : NF £ 3 dB
2. Due to the external negative feedback circuit, the power gain can be adjustable by selecting appropriate resistance constants.
: GP ³ 40 dB @ Without negative feedback resistor
: GP ³ 18 dB @ With negative feedback resistor
3. Wideband response : f3dB = 1.0 GHz @ GP = 18 dB
4. External resistor can vary the collector current of the final transistor in the IC to adjust the saturated output level.
1. IF buffer amplifier of high frequency system
2. Measurement equipment