Part Number: W210
Function: Spread Spectrum FTG for VIA K7 Chipset
Package: 48-pin SSOP
Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor
The W210 was developed as a single-chip device to meet the clocking needs of VIA K7 core logic chip sets. In addition to the typical outputs provided by a standard FTG, the W210 adds a thirteenth output buffer, supporting SDRAM DIMM modules in conjunction with the chipset.
Cypress’s proprietary spread spectrum frequency synthesis technique is a feature of the CPU and PCI outputs. When enabled, this feature reduces the peak EMI measurements of not only the output signals and their harmonics, but also of any other clock signals that are properly synchronized to them.
Block Diagram :
• Maximized EMI Suppression using Cypress’s Spread Spectrum technology
• Single-chip system frequency synthesizer for VIA K7 chipset
• One pair of differential CPU outputs for K7 Processor
• One open-drain CPU output for VIA K7 chipset
• Six copies of PCI output
• One 48-MHz output for USB
• One 24-MHz or 48-MHz output for SIO
• Two buffered reference outputs