This post explains for the MOSFET.
The Part Number is 17N80C3, SPP17N80C3.
The function of this semiconductor is 800V, 17A, CoolMOS Power Transistor.
The package is TO220-3 Type
Manufacturer: Infineon Technologies
Preview images :
The 17N80C3 is 800V, 17A, CoolMOS Power Transistor.
What is CoolMOS?
CoolMOS is a type of power MOSFET (metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor) that is designed to be highly efficient and reliable. Power MOSFETs are commonly used in power electronics applications, such as power supplies, motor drives, and lighting systems, to switch and control large amounts of power.
CoolMOS power transistors are designed with a unique combination of advanced semiconductor materials and manufacturing processes that result in high efficiency and low switching losses. This makes them well-suited for high-frequency switching applications, where low power dissipation and high efficiency are critical.
• New revolutionary high voltage technology
• Extreme dv/dt rated
• High peak current capability
• Qualified according to JEDEC1) for target applications
• Pb-free lead plating; RoHS compliant
• Ultra low gate charge
• Ultra low effective capacitances
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source Voltage: VDSS = 800 V
2. Gate to source Voltage: VGSS = ± 20 V
3. Drain current: ID = 17 A (Tc = 25°C)
4. Power Dissipation: Ptot = 227W (Ta = 25°C)
5. Operating temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
• Industrial application with high DC bulk voltage
• Switching Application ( i.e. active clamp forward )