Part Number: 1N4002
Function: Rectifier ( 100V, 1A, Diode )
Package: DO-41 ( DO-204AL ) Type
Manufacturer: Vishay Semiconductors
This diode is 100V, 1A, General Purpose Plastic Rectifier.
The 1N4002 is a rectifier diode belonging to the 1N400x series of diodes. Similar to the 1N4007, the 1N4002 is widely used for rectification purposes in electronic circuits. However, it has a lower voltage rating compared to the 1N4007.
1. Rectification Function: The primary purpose of the 1N4002 diode is to rectify alternating current (AC) into direct current (DC). It allows current to flow in one direction, blocking the reverse current flow when the applied voltage is in the opposite polarity.
2. Voltage and Current Ratings: The diode has a maximum repetitive peak reverse voltage rating of 100 volts, which is lower than the 1N4007. It can handle an average forward rectified current of up to 1 ampere.
3. Silicon Diode: This diode is a silicon-based diode, known for its low forward voltage drop and good temperature stability.
1. Low forward voltage drop
2. Low leakage current
3. High forward surge capability
4. Solder dip 275 °C max. 10 s, per JESD 22-B106
5. Compliant to RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC and in accordance to WEEE 2002/96/EC
Image and Pinouts:
Mechanical Data :
1. Case : DO-41 (DO-204AL), molded epoxy body Molding compound meets UL 94 V-0 flammability rating Base P/N-E3 – RoHS-compliant, commercial grade
2. Terminals : matte tin plated leads, solderable per J-STD-002 and JESD 22-B102
E3 suffix meets JESD 201 class 1A whisker test Polarity: color band denotes cathode end
Maximum ratigns ( Ta = 25ºC )
Other data sheets are available within the file: 1N4001, 1N4003, 1N4004, 1N4005, IN4002, 1N4007