Serial Flash Memory is a type of non-volatile memory that stores digital information in a series of memory cells, typically organized in an array of rows and columns. Unlike RAM (Random Access Memory), which loses its data when power is removed, flash memory retains data even when power is turned off. Serial flash memory is characterized by its serial interface, meaning data is accessed and written one bit at a time through a single data line, as opposed to parallel flash memory that transfers multiple bits simultaneously through multiple lines.
Part Number: 25Q32FV, W25Q32FV
Function: 32M-Bit, Serial Flash Memory
Package: SOIC, WSON 8 Pin, SOIC 16 Pin Type
The 25Q32FV (32M-bit) Serial Flash memory provides a storage solution for systems with limited
space, pins and power. The 25Q series offers flexibility and performance well beyond ordinary Serial Flash devices. They are ideal for code shadowing to RAM, executing code directly from Dual/Quad SPI (XIP) and storing voice, text and data. The device operates on a single 2.7V to 3.6V power supply with current consumption as low as 4mA active and 1µA for power-down. All devices are offered in space-saving packages.
A Hold pin, Write Protect pin and programmable write protection, with top or bottom array control, provide further control flexibility. Additionally, the device supports JEDEC standard manufacturer and device ID and SFDP Register, a 64-bit Unique Serial Number and three 256-bytes Security Registers.
1. Highest Performance Serial Flash
– 104MHz Single, Dual/Quad SPI clocks
– 208/416MHz equivalent Dual/Quad SPI
– 50MB/S continuous data transfer rate
– More than 100,000 erase/program cycles
– More than 20-year data retention
2. Efficient “Continuous Read” and QPI Mode
– Continuous Read with 8/16/32/64-Byte Wrap
– As few as 8 clocks to address memory
– Quad Peripheral Interface (QPI) reduces instruction overhead
– Allows true XIP (execute in place) operation
– Outperforms X16 Parallel Flash