Part Number: 30N45, IXTH30N45, IXTH30N50
Function: 450V, 30A, N-Channel Enhancement Mode Mega MOSFET
30N45 is 450V, 30A, N-Channel Enhancement Mode Mega MOSFET.
An N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor) is a type of MOSFET that is commonly used in electronic circuits for switching and amplification. It is called an enhancement mode MOSFET because its operation is enhanced by the presence of an external voltage.
In an N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET, the conductive channel is formed by applying a positive voltage to the gate terminal, which creates an electric field that attracts negatively charged electrons from the source region to the channel region. This increases the conductivity of the channel and allows current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
One of the key advantages of an N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET is its ability to operate with very low voltage and power levels, which makes it well-suited for use in battery-powered devices. It also has a high input impedance, which makes it compatible with digital logic circuits and other low-power devices.
• International standard package JEDEC TO-247 AD
• Low R DS (on) HDMOSTM process
• Rugged polysilicon gate cell structure
• High commutating dv/dt rating
• Fast switching times
• Switch-mode and resonant-mode power supplies
• Motor control • Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
• DC choppers Advantages
• Easy to mount with 1 screw (TO-247) (isolated mounting screw hole)
• Space savings
• High power density © 1997 IXYS All rights reserved 94569D(5/97)