Part Number: 5Q0765RT, KA5Q0765RT
Function: Fairchild Power Switch(FPS)
Package: TO-220F, TO-3PF Type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor
The Fairchild Power Switch(FPS) product family is specially designed for an off-line SMPS with minimal external components. The Fairchild Power Switch(FPS) consist of high voltage power SenseFET and current mode PWM controller IC.
A Fairchild Power Switch (FPS) is a type of integrated circuit (IC) developed by Fairchild Semiconductor, a former semiconductor manufacturing company. Fairchild Semiconductor was known for its wide range of electronic components, including power management ICs, analog ICs, and digital ICs.
The Fairchild Power Switch (FPS) family of ICs is designed for use in power supply and power management applications. These ICs often integrate various functions, such as power MOSFETs, PWM controllers, protection features, and other control circuitry, into a single package. FPS ICs are commonly used to build high-efficiency and compact power supply circuits.
Key features of Fairchild Power Switch (FPS) ICs may include:
1. Integrated Power MOSFET: FPS ICs often incorporate a power Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor (MOSFET) that serves as a switching element in power supply circuits. The integrated MOSFET helps simplify the circuit design and improves overall efficiency.
2. PWM Controller: Many FPS ICs feature a Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) controller, which is used to regulate the output voltage by controlling the duty cycle of the switching MOSFET.
3. Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection: FPS ICs may include built-in protection features, such as overcurrent and overtemperature protection, to enhance the safety and reliability of the power supply system.
1. Quasi Resonant Converter Controller
2. Internal Burst Mode Controller for Stand-by Mode
3. Pulse by Pulse Current Limiting
4. Over Current Latch Protection
5. Over Voltage Protection (Vsync: Min. 11V)
6. Internal Thermal Shutdown Function
7. Under Voltage Lockout
8. Internal High Voltage Sense FET
9. Auto-Restart Mode