Part Number: D5N40, HFD5N40
Function: 400V, N-Channel MOSFET
Package: TO-251, TO-252 Type
D5N40 is 400V, 3.4A, N-Channel MOSFET. An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it attracts electrons to the channel, creating an inversion layer and allowing current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
1. Originative New Design
2. Superior Avalanche Rugged Technology
3. Robust Gate Oxide Technology
4. Very Low Intrinsic Capacitances
5. Excellent Switching Characteristics
6. Unrivalled Gate Charge : 13 nC (Typ.)
7. Extended Safe Operating Area
8. Lower RDS(ON) : 1.27 Ω (Typ.) @VGS=10V
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 400 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 30 V
3. Drain current: ID = 3.4 A
4. Power Dissipation: Pd = 2.5 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C