This post explains for the connector.
The Part Number is FDC-25SF.
The function of this semiconductor is FD TYPE CONNECTOR FOR RIBBON CABLE.
Manufacturer: Hirose Electric
Preview images :
Here are some of the commonly used connectors for ribbon cables:
1. IDC (Insulation Displacement Connector): IDC connectors are widely used for ribbon cables. They feature slots or contacts that pierce through the insulation of the ribbon cable to establish electrical connections with the conductors. IDC connectors are typically designed for specific cable sizes and pin configurations and require a compatible IDC tool or press for termination.
2. D-Sub Connectors: D-Sub connectors, also known as DB connectors, are a popular choice for ribbon cable connections. They feature multiple pins arranged in a rectangular pattern. D-Sub connectors are available in various sizes, with the most common types being DB9 and DB25. Ribbon cable connectors compatible with D-Sub connectors often feature solder cup or crimp termination options.
3. Berg Stik Connectors: Berg Stik connectors are compact and widely used for connecting ribbon cables in electronics applications. They feature a row of closely spaced pins that match the number and pitch of the conductors in the ribbon cable. Berg Stik connectors are available in various pin counts and can be soldered or press-fit onto the ribbon cable.
4. FFC/FPC Connectors: FFC (Flexible Flat Cable) and FPC (Flexible Printed Circuit) connectors are specifically designed for flat ribbon cables. They feature a clamping mechanism that holds the cable in place and establishes electrical connections with the conductors. FFC/FPC connectors are commonly used in applications where space and flexibility are critical, such as in laptops, mobile devices, and flat-panel displays.
5. Ribbon Cable Headers: Ribbon cable headers are connectors specifically designed for ribbon cables. They feature a row of pins or contacts that match the number and pitch of the conductors in the cable. These headers are often used in conjunction with mating connectors or sockets to create a secure connection.