Serial Flash Memory is a type of non-volatile memory that stores digital information in a series of memory cells, typically organized in an array of rows and columns. Unlike RAM (Random Access Memory), which loses its data when power is removed, flash memory retains data even when power is turned off. Serial flash memory is characterized by its serial interface, meaning data is accessed and written one bit at a time through a single data line, as opposed to parallel flash memory that transfers multiple bits simultaneously through multiple lines.
Part Number: GD25Q16
Function: 16Mbit, Serial Flash Memory
Package: SOP 8 Pin Type
The GD25Q16 (16M-bit) Serial flash supports the standard Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), and the Dual/Quad SPI: Serial Clock, Chip Select, Serial Data I/O0 (SI), I/O1 (SO), I/O2 (WP#), I/O3 (HOLD#). The Dual I/O data is transferred with speed of 266Mbit/s, and the Quad I/O data is transferred with speed of 532Mbit/s.
1. 16M-bit Serial Flash -2048K-byte -256 bytes per programmable page
2. Standard, Dual, Quad SPI -Standard SPI: SCLK, CS#, SI, SO, WP#, HOLD# -Dual SPI: SCLK, CS#, IO0, IO1, WP#, HOLD# -Quad SPI: SCLK, CS#, IO0, IO1, IO2, IO3
3. High Speed Clock Frequency -120MHz for fast read with 30PF load -Dual I/O Data transfer up to 180Mbits/s -Quad I/O Data transfer up to 360Mbits/s
4. Program/Erase Speed -Page Program time: 0.7ms typical -Sector Erase time: 100ms typical -Block Erase time: 0.3/0.4/0.8s typical -Chip Erase time: 16s typical
5. Flexible Architecture -Sector of 4K-byte -Block of 32/64/128K-byte
6. Low Power Consumption -20mA maximum active current -5uA maximum power down current
7. Software/Hardware Write Protection -Write protect all/portion of memory via software -Enable/Disable protection with WP# Pin -Top or Bottom, Sector or Block selection
8. Minimum 100,000 Program/Erase Cycles Note: 1.Please contact Gigadevice for details.
9. Advanced security Features(1) -16-Bit Customer ID -Security Architecture
10. Single Power Supply Voltage -Full voltage range:2.7~3.6V […]