This post explains for the 555 timer IC.
The Part Number is NE555.
The function of this semiconductor is General-purpose single bipolar timer.
The pacagke : DIP 8, SO 8 Pin type
Manufacturer: ST Microelectronics
The NE555, SA555, and SE555 monolithic timing circuits are highly stable controllers capable of producing accurate time delays or oscillation. In the time delay mode of operation, the time is precisely controlled by one external resistor and capacitor. For a stable operation as an oscillator, the free running frequency and the duty cycle are both accurately controlled with two external resistors and one capacitor. The circuit may be triggered and reset on falling waveforms, and the output structure can source or sink up to 200 mA.
The NE555 is a popular timer integrated circuit (IC) that can be used to generate precise time delays, oscillations, and pulse-width modulation (PWM) signals. The NE555 is a monolithic timing circuit that contains a precision timing section, an adjustable voltage divider, and a temperature-compensated reference.
1 – GND
2 – Trigger
3 – Output
4 – Reset
5 – Control voltage
6 – Threshold
7 – Discharge
8 – VCC
1. Low turn-off time
2. Maximum operating frequency greater than 500 kHz
3. Timing from microseconds to hours
4. Operates in both astable and monostable modes
5. Output can source or sink up to 200 mA
6. Adjustable duty cycle
7. TTL compatible
8. Temperature stability of 0.005% per °C Description
1. Oscillators and pulse generators
2. Precision timing circuits
3. LED and motor control circuits
4. Tone and sound generators
5. Voltage regulators and power supplies
6. Logic-level detection and conversion
Several ICs that are similar to the NE555